Released under the aegis of GNU, Copyright © 2000-2012 Nicolas Rougier, 2004-2015 Robert Sowada.
To install gnubiff with GNOME:
./configure --prefix=`pkg-config libpanelapplet-2.0 --variable=prefix`
To install gnubiff with GTK only:
To have gnubiff to save password use:
gnubiff with GTK
gnubiff can be started in gtk mode with command gnubiff --gtk
and following options
-c file, --config file
read configuration file from 'file'
skip the configuration process
gnubiff with GNOME
gnubiff can be started by invoking by the GNOME panel menu "Add to
Panel/Internet/gnubiff". This requires that gnubiff has been compiled with
- You can invoke the configuration panel via the menu (right mouse button).
- You can force mail checking by left-clicking on biff window or applet
- You can mark your email as read by middle-clicking on biff window or applet
- You can start you mail application by double right clicking on biff window or applet
- You can read first line of a mail by left-clicking on its header
gnubiff loads ans saves parameters in default file ~/.gnubiffrc